I lay much of the blame for our high cost of energy on
Congress. It is not the lack of crude in the ground but the
over abundance of crud in Washington. They need to quit
fighting amongst themselves and work together for a positive
change to bring about solutions to the problems that face
this nation. At present they only hinder.
I believe very strongly that our nation needs to be
sustainable. We cannot continue to depend on foreign oil and
natural gas to run our nation.
We as a nation have to work together to build our energy
resources to a level that is sustainable.
My suggested solutions to the energy crisis are below:
- I am in favor of promoting research into new energy options
other than oil and natural gas.
- I am in favor of the wise and safe use of our oil reserves
within our nations borders.
- I believe that environmentally we can do a better job of
utilizing our own resources than by getting our oil from
countries we have no control over. I am opposed to the “not
in my back yard” mentality. Sustainability requires us to be
responsible for our own actions. We use; we drill. If we
don’t want to drill then we need to find alternative energy
sources. Shipping it in from other countries while we stick
our heads in the sand is neither a solution nor
- I am a firm believer that local oil poses less of an
environmental threat than transporting crude across the
oceans from other countries.
- I would rather see our nation drill for our reserves than
having other countries such as China do so off our coast.
Isn’t it better to be in charge of the drilling than to have
no say at all? China has a poor reputation regarding
polluting the earth.
- I am opposed to taxing energy, industry, and business. It
all ends up coming out of the consumer’s pockets anyway.
- I am opposed to excessive government interference in the
normal affairs of industry and business. When we burden them
with bureaucracy, we push them to other countries.
- I am a firm believer that competition is the best way to
keep prices down. This means that we cannot show favoritism
to any particular energy resource or company. I am opposed
to monopolies and cartels controlling prices.
- I am in favor of growing other energy options such as solar,
wind, geothermal, hydrogen, hydroelectric and any other
viable options available now or in the future.
World peace would be a lot easier if we were not competing
with other nations for Oil.